Yannick Oppliger - Drummer, composer and performer
[ Deutsch - English - Français
Born 28 February 1970 Tramelan
Swiss Jazz School Diploma (2000), courses with various teachers, notably
Jean-Daniel Weber, Philippe Bieri, Alain Tissot, John Howard, Norbet
Pfammater, Ulli Müller et Billie Brooks.
- Director and composer for the Orchestra 'Explosive Drums' (Orchestra with 8 drummers and 8 percusionists), performed at many festivals and recorded live the cd 'Manège à la Plage'
- Drummer for the 'No Square'.
- Founder of the percussion trio « YAL », They have produced 2 Cds
- Founder and Director of the BAF (boîte-à-frap !,école de percusion et section rythmique) with the collaboration of Lucas Gonseth. Drum Teacher in different schools in the canton of Neuchâtel and Jura.
In 1993: 4th prize in the «Swiss Competition Drums Contest».
He has played with numerous musicians amongst whom are Andy Scherrer, Corinne
Courchelas, Christian Marclay, Hans Koch, Werner Lüdi, Robet Morgenthaler,
Jean-Jaques Pedretti, Franci Coletta, Teddy Berlocher, Ude Temple et Frank
Usher, Jean Pierre Schaller, Mathias Desmoulins, Yvan Ischer, Claude Hauser,
Christian Bader, John Trevor
- Le Bel Hubert " Capucine "
- Yal "Tétraède" 1996
- Yal "Feu" 1998
- No Square "Live à la Case à Chocs" 2000 AS o84
- Explosive Drums Orchestra "Manège à la plage" 2002
- No Square 'C'est où Doregon ?' 2002 AltriSuoni129